Vita Flex Technique means "vitality through the reflexes".
It is a specialized form of hand and foot massage that is especially
effective in delivering the benefits of essential oils throughout the body. It is said to have originated in Tibet thousands of
years ago, and was perfected in modern times by Stanley Burroughs
long before acupuncture was developed.
It is based on a complete network of reflex points that stimulate all the internal body systems.
Oils are applied to contact points, and energy is released through electrical impulses created by contact between the fingertips and the reflex points.
See Stanley's book.
"Healing for the Age of Enlightenment".
This book details on how vitaflex, the pressure point therapy that accesses the more than 5,000 reflex points that are on the body.
This techinque induces the body to heal itself.
This electrical charge follows the nerve pathways to a break in the electrical circuit caused by toxins, damaged tissues, or loss of oxygen.
There are more than 1,400 Vita Flex points throughout the human body, encompassing the entire realm of body and mind, that are capable
of releasing many kinds of tension, congestion, and imbalances.
In contrast to the steady stimulation of Reflexology, Vita Flex uses a rolling and releasing motion that involves placing all four fingers flat on the skin, rolling onto the fingertips, and continuing over onto the fingernail. Use medium pressure. Move ahead about half the width of the finger and repeat until the Vita Flex point, or area, is covered. Repeat this movement over the area three times.
Combine this technique with 1-2 drops of essential oil applied to those areas of the feet that correspond to the system of the body you wish to support. (Vita Flex charts are available showing the nervous system connection for the electrical points throughout the body.) The Vita Flex (VF) numbers correspond to locations on the feet and are noted on the foot chart.
Rapid and extraordinary results are experienced when combining essential oils with Vita Flex stimulation, as it increases the effect of both.
The Raindrop technique integrates Vita Flex and massage, utilizing the power of essential oils in bringing the body into a structural and electrical alignment.
How to Perform the Vita-Flex Technique:
For the most effective application of therapeutic-grade essential oils, use the Vita-Flex Technique.
Here are the basics of this wonderful healing modality.
- Select the essential oil(s) most appropriate for your needs. (The Essential Oils Desk Reference is the ideal tool for this.)
- Put 3-6 drops (or more) in the palm of your non-dominant hand, and with the fingers of your dominant hand, stir the oils in a clockwise direction at least three times.
The Vita-Flex Technique START position
- With the essential oil you have chosen on the finger tips,
- Place the pads of the fingers beside the reflexology points to be worked.
- Roll up onto the finger tips, applying slightly more pressure at the top of the roll. At this position, energy is "fired" into the reflexology points being worked, somewhat analogous to a spark plug firing in a gas engine. Then …
- Continue to roll the fingers over onto the nails. This breaks the circuit, essentially sealing the energy in, so that it can travel throughout the recipient's body.
- Release by rolling the fingers back to the starting position.
The Vita-Flex Technique FINISH position
- This action should be performed at least three times.
- If you are working a larger area (like the spine points or the colon points
in the instep of the feet)move up about a finger-width after each roll
- Return and perform the action to the whole area at least three times.